IDEX Staff Accountant in United States
340 The Bridge Street, Suite 204
Huntsville, Alabama, 35806
The Staff Accountant supports the Accounting organization in carrying out responsibilities that help meet the responsibilities and goals of the company.
1. Preparation of month end journal entries for US and Canadian companies.
2. Responsible for ensuring intercompany accounts are balanced and confirmed on a monthly basis.
3. Preparation of monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
4. Application of Cash receipts, Accounts Receivable process.
5. Backup for Labor / Payroll processing.
6. Backup for Fixed Asset administration.
7. Monthly / quarterly sales tax reporting.
8. Canadian tax reporting.
9. Assists in preparing and completing monthly, quarterly and yearly internal corporate reporting requirements.
10. Participates in and ensures SOX Section 404 compliance.
11. Develop, implement and/or maintain one or a combination of general accounting systems.
12. Support internal and external audits as required.
13. Special projects/Ad Hoc reporting as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Up to two years of experience in Accounting.
Previous experience in GAAP and SOX environment.
Experience with CostPoint products is desirable.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required (Vlookup, PivotTables).
Experience with report writing (Cognos, Access) is desirable.
Must be a strong team player.
Demonstrates a solid understanding of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
Ability to problem solve in an automated Accounting environment.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Must have the ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong emphasis on customer service.
Must be able to work efficiently and effectively, and know how to prioritize and meet deadlines.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled