IDEX Engineering Tech in Shelby, North Carolina
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Position Summary: Seeking a Technician with a strong mechanical and electronics background to support manufacturing testing and troubleshooting of complex electromechanical systems. Candidate must possess strong working knowledge of electronic components and mechanical parts at a discrete and system level. The primary responsibility of this role is to execute and support production/product testing triage, system debug, and to develop production fixtures using industrial controls.
Essential Job Functions :
· Perform troubleshooting and fault analysis on electro-mechanical systems
· Ability to work with industrial controls
· Ability to develop fixtures and basic automation
· Drive to understand root cause and countermeasure of faults
· Assist production and manufacturing engineering with testing, triage, and debug processes
· Perform minor repair of electronic components when required to support manufacturing process
· Supports existing product line design activities
· Diagnose and solve problems
· Designs and plans the layout of assembly, test, and materials handling operations
· Reviews test and control plans including creation of test set-ups
· Maintains knowledge of new and developing technology and processes
Other Job Functions:
· Lead product and process-related investigations
· Implement CAPAs
· Coaching on how to reduce waste and variability
· Validates product changes and new product design using a risk-based approach
· All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
2-year Technical Degree, Trade School or equivalent experience required
Required Skills/Competencies :
· 2-year Technical Degree, Trade School or equivalent experience required
· Ability to read schematics, assembly drawings and process documents required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and general PC software skills
· Ability to use multi-meter, operate an oscilloscope, power supplies and automatic test equipment
· Experience with Industrial Controls
· 3D CAD Experience preferred
· Attention to detail, organized, can multi-task, and thorough in completing tasks
· Strong teamwork skills a must
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Hurst
Job Segment: FSD Fire & Safety/Diversified Products