IDEX Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer in Rohnert Park, California
Title: Sr. Manufacturing Test Engineer
Business Unit: IH&S (Rohnert Park)
600 Park Court
Rohnert Park, California, 94927
The Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer is responsible for defining and developing test processes for New Product Introductions as per PRD Requirements; and, implementing and supporting optimum test strategies throughout each product’s life cycle. The Test Engineer will also work with Product Development to implement product changes to enhance the Design for Testability (DFT) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM). Key member of the cross functional NPI core team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In conjunction with R&D, research, specify, design and implement test solutions for New Product Introduction (NPI) in a manufacturing environment and to meet customer’s application requirements.
2. Partner with Manufacturing Engineer to ensure test solution is within the production process capacity, flow and methodologies and to launch a synergized process into production.
3. Perform test coverage analysis for new products to eliminate gaps in production tests across various manufacturing areas.
4. Develop test plan and procedures for electro/mechanical systems. Create, review and approve test plans, test scripts, test fixtures, test station designs, and validation documents.
5. Maintain complete and accurate documentations for system testing.
6. Recommend process improvements to enhance testing efficiency.
7. Provide technical support to production floor for manufacturing test related issues.
8. Analyze and recommend corrective actions for quality issues related to manufacturing tests.
9. Train production operators in function and maintenance of test infrastructure and test processes.
10. Report Status/progress to management, project leads and team members as needed
11. Continuously identify, measure, and improve test processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
BS/MS in EE, CS, CE or related field required.
Minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in manufacturing test development.
Working background of C# or LabViewTM programming is strongly preferred.
Practical experience defining test criteria based on product specification, error of measurement.
Hands on experience with electrical and optical test and measurement equipment.
Excellent Verbal And Written Communication Skills Required.
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access DB.
High integrity and discretion.
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Knowledge of utilizing modern test equipment to diagnose failures.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled