IDEX Lab Technician - ASD Engineering in Rohnert Park, California
Title: Lab Technician - ASD Engineering
Business Unit: IH&S (ASD)
600 Park Court
Rohnert Park, California, 94927
The R&D Lab Technician is responsible for working with the Advanced Systems Development Team in creating new fluidic solutions. This role plays a key part in the product development process by testing new concepts, building prototypes, and verifying product designs. Failure analysis, performance testing and life testing are core tasks for this role. The R&D Lab Technician is expected to become a “hands-on” expert of IDEX products and other fluidic components that may include manifold assemblies, rotary shear valves, precision displacement pumps, solenoid valves, fluid sensors, check valves, degassers, software and control hardware to drive valves and pumps, and other related fluid control devices. The position requires a high level of influence within the organization to help the development of new products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Support the engineering team to create, verify and validate new products and processes.
2. Build prototypes, mock-ups, test fixtures and test apparatus.
3. Methodical documentation of experiment setups, test plans/methods and data collection.
4. Conduct testing in support of performance verification and product validation activities.
5. Identify and recommend metrology tools to support engineering needs.
6. Aid in the development of initial work instructions or test procedures for new products.
7. Assist troubleshooting of new product transitions into manufacturing as needed.
8. Manage tasks successfully in accordance with project timeline needs.
9. Maintain laboratory equipment and order supplies as necessary: 5S, identification of calibration needs, lab inventory, etc.
10. Develop “hands-on” expertise on relevant IDEX Health and Science products.
Associate Degree (two year) in a technical discipline or HS Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant experience.
Proven “hands-on” mechanical aptitude for prototyping, building test fixtures and setting up equipment.
Experience conducting testing of materials and products and demonstrated use of the scientific method.
A proven self-starter with the ability to work independently while supporting a culture of accountability, team orientation and a focus on successful outcomes.
Excellent communication, public speaking and presentation skills.Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with customers and work within a team environment.
ESSENTIAL INTERPERSONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Success in this position requires frequent communication with peers and management.These relationships must be built on respect, integrity, cooperation, teamwork and professionalism.Failure to actively maintain and encourage these constructive relationships will significantly impact success in this position, just as equally as weak technical skills.
Must be able to willingly shift job priorities, based upon customer needs.
Strong sense of urgency.
Self-starter who finds a way to get the job done high energy level, and persistent
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with all kinds of people at all levels inside and outside the organization.Ability to work through conflicts, gain trust and persuasively influence outcomes.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled