IDEX Key Account Manager in Rohnert Park, California
Title: Key Account Manager
Business Unit: IH&S (IVD/BIO)
600 Park Court
Rohnert Park, California, 94927
Description: Enter Job Description Here
1. To manage and grow major accounts in specified region or account responsibility.
2. Interface directly with individual IH&S company resources as needed to meet customers’ needs and sales goals
3. Regularly interface with the IH&S development teams / technical staffs to identify new product and market opportunities.
4. Establish IDEX/IH&S as a partner in the development and supply of critical technology to key projects/products.
5. Analyze industry and account trends. Prepare and present sales reports on territory/account progress toward goals for each IH&S business.
6. Successfully create and execute on action plans to achieve business goals.
7. Assist in the development of Strategic Marketing Plans to attack identified market segments and customers.
8. Achieve goals within established expense budget for region and/or accounts. Prepare and return expense reports per company guidelines.
9. Travel to trade shows, existing customers’ and prospective customers’ business locations and IDEX Health & Science business units. It is estimated that approximately about 20% overnight travel will be required.
10. Provide product training and promotion seminars to assigned OEM accounts as required or directed
11. Comprehend and actively cultivate application knowledge in the various markets of our OEM customers.
12. Perform other responsibilities required or as assigned.
5+year experience in sales, within the Biotechnology or IVD markets. Candidate must have excellent customer relationship skills and proven results with increasing sales, including high level negotiations. Must have proven experience closing multi-million dollar / multi-year contracts.
BA/BS required. Advanced degree preferred. Candidate must understand the design and function of IVD, Biotech, and/or Medical instruments and related fluidics.
Current knowledge of changes and trends within the industry is essential, specifically in areas of rapid growth in the medical and life sciences. Knowledge of applications such as in vitro clinical diagnostics, DNA sequencing, high density arrays, and other Biotechnology based applications would be very useful. A basic understanding of reagents and material chemistry is also very helpful.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, accomplished negotiation and key account management skills and intermediate to advanced computer skills required. Candidate should possess advanced problem solving, strategic thinking, and analytical skills. Candidate should possess the aptitude for continual learning and professional growth.
Well organized. Candidate must have ability to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining strategic vision for the long-term.
Proactive. Candidate must be able and willing to work alone and with own self-initiative. Must possess high-energy and drive to succeed. Must be able to work under pressure.
Commercial Savvy. Candidate must be proficient in forecasting. Must understand margin analysis and financial statements, and possess a feel for commercial operations.
Communication.Candidate must be able to prepare and present presentations to senior level executives of worldwide analytical instrument companies.
Strategic Thinking. Candidate must be able to use creativity and sound reasoning to solve customer problems.
Honesty & Integrity.Candidate must be honest and possess integrity when dealing with both external customers, and internal coworkers.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled