IDEX Quality Engineer in Rochester, New York
Title: Quality Engineer
Business Unit: Melles Griot (Rochester)
55 Science Parkway
Rochester, New York, 14620
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that IDEX Health
& Science products meet purchase specification, design and
quality/reliability requirements. This position will serve as a direct
interface with IH&S suppliers and customer quality assurance functions
in support of failure investigations, corrective actions and operational
readiness reviews. It is critical for this person to be a team player,
positive and collaborative, as required to contribute to the success and
growth of IDEX Health & Science.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The QE is an integral part of the organization, leading, collaborating,
facilitating and supporting the needs of the organization with a sense of
ownership and integrity fostering a positive work environment and a shared
- The ability to take initiative, a sense of ownership and follow through
is essential to the health of the organization
- The ability to openly and willingly communicate at all levels is critical
to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- The QE must be a positive team player, someone that can be counted on to
contribute fully and willingly to go the extra mile to meet the goals of
the team and the company as a whole.
- Actively assuring compliance to ISO.9001, company policies and customer
Responsible for assuring customer and supplier quality performances.
Implement quality planning, control plan, FMEA, inspection methodology,
and root cause analysis.
- Work with Operations and Engineering to increase efficiency through the
improvement of in-house and supplier manufacturing processes, and product
- Developing and managing KPI’s, databases and countermeasures as required
for continuous improvements
- Participate in Material Review Board activities and feedback to
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality
system, such as 5S, Kaizen Lean methods, etc.
- This job position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations. Therefore,
all employees working in this capacity must meet citizenship status. Per
the Melles Griot Export Controls Policy and Procedure, the employee must be
a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
Complies with health and safety policies and procedures.
Supports company values including ethical conduct and high integrity in
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. ASQ CQE, CQA or CQM/OE
is a plus
Minimum of 7 to 10 years Quality Engineering experience.
Must be a team player with the ability to promote collaboration, taking
ownership and/or facilitating a process achieving a closed loop QMS.
- Demonstrated experience within a manufacturing operation. Optic
Manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Familiar with modern quality tools such as FMEA, Control Plan, and
Statistical techniques and proficient with Mini-Tab or equivalent.
Experience with ISO9001
Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization,
mapping processes, Lean Manufacturing, VSM, Six Sigma, and Continuous
Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Familiarity with the use of ERP / Document Control systems (e.g. Oracle,
JDE, Adobe Acrobat,).
Ability to travel approximately 20% both domestic and international.
Apply experience with opto-mechanical assemblies and laser alignment to
develop and implement equipment & procedures necessary to assemble,
test, and contribute to the manufacture of high performance imaging systems
- Use tools, such as interferometers, laser alignment stations, power
meters and distortion test equipment
- Investigate and initiate corrective action to manufacturing problems
arising in the manufacture of one or more of the following: optical
components, parts and materials, assembly of optical, or electromechanical
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled