IDEX Sr. Technician/Field Support Specialist in New Bedford, Massachusetts
Title: Sr. Technician/Field Support Specialist
Business Unit: ADS
259 Samuel Barnet Blvd. Unit 1
New Bedford, Massachusetts, 02745
The Sr. Technician/Field Support Specialist is a hybrid position that is heavily focused on regular service work while supporting potential Sales opportunities. The expectation is field work 75% of the time with project, sales, and customer support 25% of the time.
Sr. Technician Job Responsibilities
1. Perform transducer installation and electronic commissioning (start-up) of Flow Meter systems related to international and domestic customer job sites as assigned. Follow technical manual specifications and refer to other internal technical sources and support for successful calibration and performance of Flow Meter systems. Also, conduct customer training as required per applicable guidelines.
2. Provide project deliverables upon completion of an installation or commissioning electronically. Deliverables include as-built measurements, trip reports, and commissioning reports (parameter lists, acoustic waveforms, etc). Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
3. Review all project documents such as Specifications, Engineering Drawings, Scope of work, Proposal etc. to ensure completion of the project work in accordance with Project Plan.
4. Responsible at all times for knowing basic rules and procedures related to health & safety in the performance of duties, particularly while in the field and adheres to applicable company policies in that regard. Have keen awareness of potential or existing job hazards, advises customer and reports findings to Project Manager for instruction. Promptly reports to Project Manager any incidents of injury sustained while in the performance of work.
5. Escalate installation/commissioning issues, when appropriate, to Accusonic Project Manager or Engineering Manager and provide detailed explanation of issues in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for the proper use and storage of company tools of the trade as assigned and promptly reports any loss or damage to the Project Manager. Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on Field Service tools and equipment as required. Assist in purchase and procurement of new equipment as needed.
7. Be aware of and adhere to work production requirements per Accusonic proposal and Price Authorization Form (PAF) as well as deadlines and time constraints for assignments.
8. Participate in kick-off meetings for coordination of field service schedule and resources.
9. Assist Project Manager with procurement of field service tools and special project related equipment and hardware when needed.
10. Promote positive company image to customers in the performance of all duties. Follow all company policies, department procedures, standards, and quality control guidelines.
11. Completes other special assignments, projects and miscellaneous tasks as requested.
12. Position requires ability to travel domestically at least 50%.
Field Support Specialist Job Responsibilities
1. Provide customer telephone support when not in the field. Properly document any telephone support effort through the Zendesk reporting system.
2. Provide phone support for technicians while on assignments to ensure proper execution of installation/commissioning procedures per Accusonic and customer specific requirements.
3. Working with the Project Manager, coordinate project-specific deliverables such as delivery of items, project documentation, and submittal packages, etc. to ensure the success of projects.
4. Provide application support for projects being quoted.
5. Support the Business Development Managers in uncovering opportunities resulting in increased project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Associates Degree in Electronics or Instrumentation (or equivalent work experience- minimum 4 years).
Knowledge of electronics and mechanical skills required Ability to retain technical information and knowledge of procedures related to Flow Meter systems necessary to initiate successful electronic start-up, testing, and troubleshooting of various Flow Meter systems.
Must be self-motivated, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
Good written and oral communication skills required.
Ability to demonstrate and train others on complex mechanical tasks.
Ability to perform presentations and classes for large groups of customer’s management and maintenance personnel.
Ability to use scheduling software (FastTrack), read Gantt charts, and understand project-critical chain activity diagrams.
Read and understand Engineering Drawings and Specification documents.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled