IDEX Sr. Staff Accountant in Huntsville, Alabama
Title: Sr. Staff Accountant
Business Unit: ADS
340 The Bridge Street, Suite 204
Huntsville, Alabama, 35806
ADS LLC is seeking a Sr. Staff Accountant in the Huntsville, Alabama, corporate office. The Sr. Staff Accountant supports the Accounting organization in carrying out responsibilities that help meet the responsibilities and goals of the Company. The Sr. Staff Accountant will also serve as a leader for the Accounting group as well as the backup for the Accounting Manager.
1. Review and approval of Expense reports in Deltek Time and Expense, ensuring compliance with policy.
2. Administrator for Concur expense system, including weekly review / approvals and monthly accruals.
3. Process credit card payments.
4. Preparation of monthly journal entries.
5. Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
6. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual sales and use tax filings.
7. Prepare, analyze and submit monthly financial data to IDEX via Hyperion.
8. Administrator for Blackline account reconciliation system.
9. Prepare / analyze monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements / reports.
10. Assist with quarterly and year-end supplemental schedules as required, including quarterly balance sheet review, and annual Tax and Accounting packages.
11. Participates in and ensures SOX Section 404 compliance.
12. Assist in the preparation of the yearly AOP.
13. Backup for Accounts Payable.
14. Backup for cash receipts, Intercompany transactions, Inventory and Fixed Assets.
15. Backup for Accounting Manager.
16. Special projects as assigned including system related projects, process improvement, departmental training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience with Microsoft Office, Deltek Costpoint, Cognos, Hyperion, and Smartview products is required.
Strong Excel skills required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting is required.
Demonstrates a solid understanding of Sarbanes Oxley.
Minimum of five years experience in all phases of Accounting.
A proven track record relative to problem solving in an automated Accounting environment.
Ability to meet accounting close / financial data submittal deadlines.
Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Timeliness and data correctness is required.
Must have the ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
Ability to work independently and with a team, providing leadership to the team.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled