IDEX Field Manager 1 (Hayward, CA) in Hayward, California
Title: Field Manager 1 (Hayward, CA)
Business Unit: ADS
3447 Investment Blvd, Suite 5
Hayward, California, 94545
The Field Manager 1 is responsible for the direct supervision of 2-4 field crews, for the professional and technical development of those field crews and for the quality and safety of the field work performed.
1. Ensure the quality and safety of the field work performed by direct reports meets standards. Utilize Safety Work Instruction and Safety Policies, Procedures and Safe Work Practices to effectively manage operations and direct reports.
2. Ensure daily production rates as outlined in project work plans are consistently met or exceeded.
3. Ensure the field work performed by direct reports is performed according to current published standard procedures and work instructions by performing field audits and site inspections.Develop site safety plans as required.
4. Ensure direct reports have all necessary equipment and tools to perform their work in the most efficient and safe manner according to the most current published procedures. Ensure safety assets are properly tracked and managed.
5. Ensure the proper care and maintenance of all company assets assigned to field crews under direct supervision.
6. Work with the Project Manager to develop and execute daily and weekly schedules for each field crew according to the project work plan.
7. Stay in constant contact with each field crew during the course of the business day.
8. Provide daily updates to the Project manager summarizing the day’s activities including accomplishments, problems encountered, observations, etc.
9. Track rework, utilization and productivity by crew for each day.Provide Project Manager with weekly reports summarizing crew production and rework indexed against work plan production rates.
10. Provide constant performance feedback to direct reports.
11. Responsible for the professional, safety, and technical development of the field crews under direct supervision.
12. Provide the Data Analyst with the appropriate inputs for flow monitoring sites in accordance with the most current Data Analysis work instruction.
13. Complete Safety Training Coordinator certification if not already achieved. Ensure the completed safety training and certification of direct reports.
14. Complete Field Management certification if not already achieved.
15. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employee should have complete ADS safety certification to Level 3 at a minimum and exhibit an expert understanding of all field operations. This employee will function as a Field Manager in flow monitoring operations. The employee may also function as a Field Manager in SSES activities when applicable. Certification in the Field Management Core modules should be completed. Additional training may be required as other needs arise.
Prerequisites : College education or equivalent work experience, valid driver’s license, drug-free, acceptable background check, full ADS safety certification, certification in the ADS Core Flow Monitoring modules, Flow Monitor Site Investigations certification, OSHA 10 hour certification, and Safety Training Coordinator certification. Recommended to have at least 3 years of satisfactory field experience as a field crew leader.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s Degreeor equivalent work experience required
Good verbal and written communication skills is required
Proven problem solving ability is required
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
Demonstrates superior judgment and the ability to delegate workload and responsibilities as required
Able to multi-task with proven ability to meet deadlines
Communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviors
Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
Willingness to travel
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled