IDEX Associate Product Manager in Denver, Colorado
Title: Associate Product Manager
Business Unit: Band-It
4799 Dahlia St.
Denver, Colorado, 80216
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for all current industrial product offerings including product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle. This role includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, analyzing operational data, defining the product plan by determining long-term viability of the product line, and working closely with customers to implement required changes including product substitution, new packaging, and updated labeling. The Associate Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. The Associate Product Manager will work closely with distribution partners to optimize product offering, develop strategic marketing campaigns, and communicate product changes. Key metrics include product line revenue, margin, complexity measures and product vitality. The role will lead cross-functionally through influence & structured planning. They will work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain, Production, Quality, Global Sales, and IT to ensure complete and accurate execution of product changes and new product launches. This role is 80% current product management and 20% New Product Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage product requirements to comply with evolving distribution requirements packaging, labeling, and fulfillment.
Work cross-functionally across various organizational roles to ensure the complete and accurate implementation of product introductions, product obsolescence, and product updates.
Manage product portfolio to achieve annual growth, profitability, and complexity reduction targets through both NPD and existing SKU management
Manage and grow existing business: create plans to increase sales of existing categories, reduce & eliminate product quality issues, and identify cost reduction/value improvement opportunities.
Develop all marketing materials including presentations, packaging and other collateral in order to commercially launch new products.
Perform competitive tracking analysis and market data collection.
Formulate, execute, and maintain product line strategies, product plans, and product roadmaps based on market insight to meet the annual operating plan
Develop market insight through voice of customer research and in-depth analysis of the industrial distribution market
Participate in setting overall business strategic direction
Deploy 8020 strategy to optimize offering and complexity and manage the product life cycle
Exercise agility to adapt to rapidly changing business environments.
Utilize operational system to pull and analyze business data to develop action plans.
q Associate Product Manager reports to the Business Line Director - Industrial
q BLDs report to Band-It President
1. Work cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Finance to drive product portfolio management of all assigned product categories in the Band-It Industrial portfolio to meet business financial targets.
2. Work with manufacturing, supply chain, and engineering to identify and implement profit improvement initiatives and SKU rationalization using the lens of 8020
3. Partner with customer PMs to drive co-marketing efforts and sales initiatives.
1. Drive market research efforts to understand changing dynamics, including competitive landscape and market share.
2. Develop comprehensive understanding of market & technology trends and maintain thorough competitive analysis for the global market through end user visits, focus groups and market research.
3. Apply learnings to NPD effort, current product offering, and channel strategies.
1. Work with the Business Line Director, engineering, finance, and commercial team to develop Band-It Heritage strategic plans and long-term product, service, and technology road maps.
2. Work with marketing and sales leadership to develop and implement pricing strategies that support revenue growth and profit goals.
Promotion / Advertising
1. Actively participate in developing programs to re-vitalize existing products and services in core business area, as well as programs to promote new product introductions, i.e., trade-press advertisements, direct mailers, brochures, social media, etc.
New Product Development/Launch
1. Drive new product development efforts through direct contribution and facilitate communication between program management, engineering, marketing and sales.
2. Conduct and manage VOC activities and data analysis that relate to assigned portfolio.
3. Translate VOC insights into clear market and product requirements which will be used by the engineering team to build the product.
1. Maintain and develop communication channels with reps, distributors and customers by means of product and services announcements, sales bulletins, telephone and personal contact, etc.
2. Assist in e-business and website management and development.
1. Ensure that up-to-date products, training aids, and printed materials are available for scheduled training programs; lead global training programs for assigned product and services categories.
1. Follows Company policies, procedures and instructions
EDUCATION LEVEL / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
q Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing, or business; or relevant experience in the engineered fastening market required (preferably in engineering or similar technical area)
1-3 years of product management experience
1-2 years sustaining engineering experience preferred
Experience with high volume industrial manufacturing preferred
Product Management experience working with large industrial distributors such as Grainger or Amazon
E-commerce/supplier portal experience
q High attention to detail, commitment to high quality, accurate work
q Able to see projects through from inception to full completion, holding multiple roles accountable for deliverables
q Commitment to world-class customer service; internal and external customers
q Able to manage and reduce complexity
q Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
q Strong project management skills
q Great communicator inside and outside the organization
q Able to take analysis to diagnosis to implementation
q Problem solver with excellent technical ability
q Demonstrated business acumen
q Lead cross-functional teams (particularly technical staff)
q Demonstrated use of project management tools
q Strong analytical skills; ability to use hard data & metrics to back up assumptions & concepts
q Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
q Ability to think both strategically and tactically
q Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled