IDEX Finance Director, Gast Mfg. (Benton Harbor, MI) in United States
Director of Finance
IDEX BUSINESS UNIT / SITE LOCATION
Gast Manufacturing / Benton Harbor, MI
Group Vice President of Finance
IDEX Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diversified products in
industries ranging across health, science, safety, fire and fluidics.
Operating in 24 countries, IDEX is an innovative and rapidly growing
company, focused on delivering excellence through diverse, winning teams.
With a strong reputation for providing career growth opportunities, IDEX is
a lean, non-bureaucratic and high performing environment. We’re a global
provider of applied solutions serving a variety of markets. These include
life science and medical technologies, process industry and infrastructure
related applications, industrial/municipal fire and rescue - to name just a
few. We're all this, and more.
- A global organization of 7,000+ dedicated employees, who share a passion
for "stretch thinking", and delivering excellence with world-class customer
- Approximately 50% of our total revenue and headcount are outside of the
- A company keenly focused on achieving organic and acquisitive growth; and
providing careers that challenge and reward our employees
- A leading, global organization with annual sales of approximately $2
billion dollars with operations in 24 countries and 50+ business units
- The employer of choice for the next wave of visionary thinkers and doers,
who want to make a real impact, and be rewarded for their efforts
The Finance Director will play a key role in leading the financial
operations of Gast Manufacturing. This position provides comprehensive
leadership to the Gast manufacturing site and Business Unit management
teams in support of IDEX initiatives and its strategy to maximize the
combined strengths of its business units to provide better solutions expand
margins and generate strong cash flow. Position requires extensive
knowledge of U.S. GAAP and manufacturing / financial reporting,
Sarbanes-Oxley, and business operations in a growth-oriented environment.
This individual will develop, direct and maintain a financial
reporting/internal control system that will provide management with the
appropriate financial and operating information. He / She will develop,
analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to
appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance,
operational excellence and other criteria that directly reflect the fiscal
soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization. This key member
of the leadership team will significantly influence the long-term direction
and growth of the business unit by its ability to effectively analyze and
redirect its resources through accounting and financial reporting that meet
or exceed the requirements of its internal and external customers.
- Direct and assist the Business Unit & Business Line Leaders in the
development of strategic plans and supporting objectives, while proactively
managing supporting events to assure attainment of agreed upon performance.
- Drive, support and utilize the company’s Operating Model processes
including, but not limited to, Daily Management, Monthly Business Reviews,
Goal Deployment, Annual Operating Plan, and Org & Talent Cycle.
- Business Partner to accelerating profitable growth through execution and
support of 8020 principles and methods, complexity reduction and
- Manage the accounting function including general ledger and monthly
closings, account receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Direct
financial planning, forecasting & reporting and Business Line
- Commitment to improving employee engagement and inclusion. Continue to
build diverse “A” team.
- Manage the cost accounting, inventory accounting and project costing /
tracking processes. Maintain control of physical inventories.
- Direct the capital appropriation and capital budgeting process as well as
control of fixed assets.
- Ensure all compliance with legally mandated external financial reporting
including Sarbanes-Oxley reporting requirements; manage the interface with
internal/external auditors. Audit the operations for compliance to
corporate and business unit policies and procedures.
- Prepare the financial statements and ensure the accuracy of financial
results. Prepare detailed analyses of financial statement results for
presentation to Business Unit management.
- Coordinate and administer an effective financial plan for the control of
operations by implementing an adequate control environment over the
accuracy and maintenance of the financial system.
- Provide assistance to the credit and collections function. Interface with
banks, vendors, customers and tax authorities when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES
- An in-depth understanding of accounting principles, practices, procedures
and controls on manual and automated systems, and the ability to exercise
independent judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills, with the ability to
translate complex situations into information that will support the
profitability and growth of the business.
- Proven management/supervisory skills, including the ability to persuade
others to achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and
teamwork; a supportive manner that facilitates his/her ability to achieve
- Demonstrated organizational abilities and excellent project management
leadership expertise. Outstanding oral and written communication skills,
which include active listening.
- A well-developed business sense, which will include an understanding of
markets, customers and competitors.
- A high energy, hands on, results-oriented manager who is not afraid to
take charge and serve on cross-functional teams.
- A strategic thinker/problem solver who can effectively interface with all
levels of employees. An ability to analyze the details, but also to be able
to step back and "look at the big picture."
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
University degree or equivalent in accounting or finance.
A minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience in a similar-sized
operation, including heavy management experience in financial and
manufacturing accounting. Cost accounting expertise preferred.
- Experience in a process focused organization (Six Sigma, Value Streams)
and experience working with Enterprise Accounting Systems, is highly
desirable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have a proven track record, demonstrated by a progressive level of
growth in responsibility.
- Integrity & Ethics Does not cut corner ethically. Earns trust and
maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically
expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Intellectual Horsepower Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly
and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical Skills Able to structure and process qualitative or
quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a
probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Sets High Expectations for Self and Team Has strong sense of
responsibility and execution mindset. Is able to clearly set objectives and
hold team accountable for them.
- Action Oriented Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of
energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting
with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Builds Effective Teams Demonstrated ability to hire “A” players, coach
& develop talent, and build trust, credibility and followership with
team and peers.
- Team Player Has the ability to work in a cross-functional team as a key
contributor respecting the views and opinions of others.
- Process Management Has the ability to develop creative solutions to
problems and continuously improve systems and processes. Knows what to
measure and how to measure it. Can see opportunities for synergy and
integration. Fosters cross-functional problem solving and cooperation.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed toWorkforce Diversity