IDEX Supervisor - Production (Swing Shift) in Rohnert Park, California
Title: Supervisor - Production (Swing Shift)
Business Unit: IH&S (Rohnert Park)
600 Park Court
Rohnert Park, California, 94927
Position provides leadership and support for the production personnel in manufacturing. Evaluate processes, personnel, and job assignments on a daily basis. Responsible for meeting daily production requirements.
1. Lead, develop, train, motivate and retain the highest performing production associates (PA) to ensure on-time delivery of quality products.
2. Lead and mentor groups on LEAN Manufacturing tools and practices.
3. Adherence to sound Material Handling practices related to quality, accuracy, and the flow of product.
4. Ensure that the PA’s are adequately instructed and accurately follow Standard Work instructions.
5. Direct daily work assignments and coordinate manpower requirements.
6. Coordinate with the Production Planner, Stockroom, and Buyers to ensure Pitch is met and shipping demands are satisfied.
7. Communicate with the Manufacturing Engineers on issues with materials, tooling, BOM errors and work instruction corrections.
8. Maintain a formal training program to proactively develop PA’s skills and document activity per ISO requirements.
9. Monitor each production associate's daily attendance and maintain a database of personnel records.
10. Write and conduct performance appraisals, counseling sessions, and disciplinary actions.
11. Maintain a safe working environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to make decisions based upon one’s experience that will result in achieving the goals of IDEX Health & Science while maintaining morale, production, and quality. Managerial aptitude that leads to logical decisions and efficient performance while training others in assembly, test, and accessories processes.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant related experience required. Experience:
Minimum four years of experience supervising in a similar manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated ability to achieve timely results within designated constraints.
Hands-on production background, including experience working with and leading production teams, work cells, and assembly processes.
Strong demonstrated supervisory and communication skills. Skills/Aptitudes:
Must be able to build a team, and handle the constantly changing manufacturing requirements.
Problem solving skills and the ability to bring a team together to accomplish daily tasks.
Lean Manufacturing background and experience a plus.
Ability to develop and drive production capacity planning tools and schedules.
Excellent conflict resolution and coaching skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Ability to cooperate and effectively interact with peers, managers, subordinates, and external constituencies to achieve results.
Must effectively multi-task on several projects/activities simultaneously.
Experience utilizing standard Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel).
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled