IDEX Manufacturing Engineer in Rohnert Park, California
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Business Unit: IH&S (Rheodyne)
600 Park Court
Rohnert Park, California, 94927
Job Description and Responsibilities : Perform Manufacturing Engineering assignments of varying complexity. Using discretion in determining work priorities with express purpose to support all manufacturing engineering functions at Rohnert Park site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Production test stand design and maintenance develop and maintain production test equipment.
2. Improve manufacturing processes by designing, recommending for purchase or building improved machines, tooling, fixtures, gauges, hand tools and processes.
3. Analyze and document assembly and production processes.Create detailed work instructions for Production Associates.
4. Work with the production staff to train new personnel on manufacturing changes. Give periodic training courses in the proper methods of assembly and use of equipment.
5. Analyze work flow and floor layout to meet manufacturing objectives and improve ergonomics.
6. Compile and evaluate test and production data; provide technical analysis.
7. Provide production floor support in technical matters related to interpretation of engineering documentation and Engineering Change Notices.
8. Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production process.
9. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge/Education & Experience :
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
1. Advanced computer skills.
2. Strong mechanical and/or electronic aptitude.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Experience in the design, development, and implementation of manufacturing tools and fixtures. Working Conditions : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. General exposure to office, manufacturing, laboratory, and machine shop environments.
2. Safety glasses and adhering to general safety practices required.
3. Exposure to general production equipment and machine ship noise levels.
4. Some exposure and handling of some hazardous chemicals and gases.Use of personal protective equipment required, i.e. safety glasses, gloves, breathing filters, aprons, etc.
Physical/Mental Capabilities :
The physical/mental capabilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to use standard office equipment.
2. Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and equipment necessary to implement manufacturing processes, tooling/fixturing, and test equipment.
3. Ability to travel to customer and supplier sites, both by automobile and air travel.
4. Ability to move about throughout all of the company’s facility.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.