IDEX Quality Engineer in Rochester, New York
Title: Quality Engineer
Business Unit: Semrock
3625 Buffalo Road, Suite 6
Rochester, New York, 14624
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that IDEX Health & Science products meet purchase specification, design and quality / reliability requirements. This position will serve as a direct interface with IH&S suppliers and customer quality assurance functions in support of failure investigations, corrective actions and operational readiness reviews. It is critical for this person to be a team player, positive and collaborative, as required to contribute to the success and growth of IDEX Health & Science.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. The QE is an integral part of the organization, leading, collaborating, facilitating and supporting the needs of the organization with a sense of ownership and integrity fostering a positive work environment and a shared Quality Culture.
2. The ability to take initiative, a sense of ownership and follow through is essential to the health of the organization
3. The ability to openly and willingly communicate at all levels is critical to enhance efficiency and productivity.
4. The QE must be a positive team player, someone that can be counted on to contribute fully and willingly to go the extra mile to meet the goals of the team and the company as a whole.
5. Actively assuring compliance to ISO.9001, company policies and customer requirements.
6. Responsible for assuring customer and supplier quality performances.
7. Implement quality planning, control plan, FMEA, inspection methodology, and root cause analysis.
8. Work with Operations and Engineering to increase efficiency through the improvement of in-house and supplier manufacturing processes, and product quality / reliability.
9. Developing and managing KPI’s, databases and countermeasures as required for continuous improvements
10. Participate in Material Review Board activities and feedback to suppliers.
11. Root cause analysisand implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
12. Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen Lean methods, etc.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.ASQ CQE, CQA or CQM/OE is a plus
2. Minimum of 7 to 10 years Quality Engineering experience.
3. Must be a team player with the ability to promote collaboration, taking ownership and/or facilitating a process achieving a closed loop QMS.
4. Demonstrated experience within a manufacturing operation. Optic Manufacturing experience is a plus.
5. Familiar with modern quality tools such as FMEA, Control Plan, and Statistical techniques and proficient with Mini-Tab or equivalent.
6. Experience with ISO9001
7. Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization, mapping processes, Lean Manufacturing, VSM, Six Sigma, and Continuous Process Improvement.
8. Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
10. Familiarity with the use of ERP / Document Control systems (e.g. Oracle, JDE, Adobe Acrobat,).
11. Ability to travel approximately 20% both domestic and international.
*This position may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Reporting and Location:
This position is based in Rochester, New York and reports to Quality Manager.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled