IDEX Business Development Manager – West Region in Huntington Beach, California
Title: Business Development Manager West Region
Business Unit: ADS
15201 Springdale Street
Huntington Beach, California, 92649
This application link specifically states Huntington Beach, CA but please note the hiring location
is not specific as this is open for the entire West Region.
IDEX Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diversified products in industries ranging across health, science, safety, fire and fluidics. Operating in 24 countries, IDEX is an innovative and rapidly growing company, focused on delivering excellence through diverse, winning teams. With a strong reputation for providing career growth opportunities, IDEX is a lean, non-bureaucratic and high performing environment.
A Business Development Manager will identify and develop new ADS account customers as
well as maintain existing accounts as identified in the annual ADS Sales Commission Plan.
The Business Development Manager will oversee sales activities within the specified territory
for ADS customers.
1. Manage sales activities in a specific sales region for ADS accounts, including but not limited to,
generating leads, writing sales proposals, leading proposal presentations including presentation
development and generation, negotiating and procuring sales contracts, delivering signed contracts
2. Developing ADS accounts within a region and developing strategies to meet an individual client’s needs.
3. Join and actively participate in local industry associations. Present technical presentations in conferences
and sales seminars.
4. Sell concepts & close accounts with municipal wastewater and consulting engineering customers.
5. Meet and/or exceed individual revenue threshold while maintaining and growing sold margins by working
with Operations managers to develop competitive pricing for opportunities.
6. Follow-up on leads generated through both corporate and regional efforts for ADS accounts.
7. Maintain all ADS account prospecting activities, schedules, opportunity management and contract
statuses on a daily basis in the contact management data base (CRM).
8. Abide by on-the-job site safety requirements.
9. Initiate Project kick-off meetings prior to project start-up for ADS accounts.
10. Work closely with Operations to determine specific project requirements and assist in contract
interpretation and client interface for ADS accounts.
11. Complete Special Projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.S. Civil Engineering or equivalent degree/experience with exposure and understanding of open
channel hydraulics preferred.
-Demonstrated ability to promote concepts and ideas to create customer demand.
Proven ability to identify and acquire new accounts with success.
Excellent written and oral communication skills required with exceptional listening skills.
Ability to build relationships and work well across functions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
Minimum 3 years of related experience preferred with sales exposure to accounts within the territory.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time.
Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
Prior experience with sales and sales management tracking databases preferred.
Valid driver’s license and passing motor vehicle record check per ADS standards.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled